The Medics to headline NIMA concert
Posted on 18 May 2012
Queensland band The Medics are the first band announced to perform at this years National Indigenous Music Awards (NIMA) in Darwin.
The NIMA's bring together contemporary indigenous artists from all music genres, both emerging and established acts. Joining The Medics will be multi-award winning Yabu Band (WA) and Rrawun Maymuru (NT) NIMA New Talent of the Year 2011, who will perform for the first time on the NIMAs stage with his band East Journey. More acts will be announced last June.
Nominations are open now for the National Indigenous Music Award online at nima.musicnt.com.au. Everyone is encouraged to nominate in the categories of Act, Album, Song and New Talent of the Year.
Alongside the awards, triple j will be running a competition for unsigned Indigenous acts. Artists can upload their tracks to triplejunearthed.com and one outstanding act selected by the triple j team will win the opportunity to perform at the National Indigenous Music Awards [NIMAs] in Darwin on 11th August.
With songs in the AIR Top 10 chart , The Medics who recently performed here at Alberts, will be releasing their debut album Foundations today.
• 16 May - Unsigned Indigenous acts can upload their tracks to triplejunearthed.com
• 27 June – Full NIMAs line up announced
• 29 June - National Indigenous Music Awards Nominations close VOTE HERE
• 01 July Unearthed Competition close
• 05 July Unearthed Winner Announced
• 11 August – NIMAs Ceremony & Concert, Darwin Amphitheatre NT